Sprintask 0.3 Released

Sprintask 0.3 Screen Shot
Sprintask 0.3 Screen Shot

It has been more than an year since I’ve released the beta version of Sprintask. Around 6 months ago Sprintask 0.3 was ready. But I thought of testing it for a few weeks before releasing. Few weeks became 6 months. Today I’ve been cleaning up my website a bit and thought that I should release Sprintask now, even though it is still in beta stage (that’s why I’ve version it 0.3).

What has changed:

  • User interface is recreated from scratch
  • Login and register modules changed

Known Issues:

  • Eventhough I’ve provided a ‘Recover Password’ link, it doesn’t work :p Don’t worry I’ll create is soon.
  • After starting a task, the timer doesn’t refresh until you refresh the page. It needs to be fixed.

Sprintask Beta – Cooking

It has been a long time since Sprintask has been released. Though it has been an hobbyist project, I’ve used it extensively for my own purpose and found it very effective in tracking time in different tasks.

After collecting many recommendations from the users (mostly my friends), I started to develop a new version of Sprintask. In few days I’m planning to release the beta version of it. So stay tuned for the all new Sprintask for you.

Sprintask Bug Fix – IE Compatibility Issue Solved

Bug: Today one of my friends sent me a screen shot of a major bug encountered while opening http://sprintask.vibgy.com in IE6. It’s a javascript error.

Cause: There is timer which removes the red label directing new users to help. When the timer times out, it calls a function. Inside this function, new object variable is created for the div container containing the anchor link image. Then it tries to remove the 2nd child node of the container. It succeeds in chrome and firefox, because while rendering both of them create 2 child nodes inside the div container. But IE creates only one child. So trying to remove the 2nd child fails.

Fix: Instead of trying to remove the child of the container, I created another object for the parent of the container. And then removed the container itself from its parent.

I also removed an ugly outline coming around the red label in Firefox and IE.

Feel free to report any bugs you encounter while sprintasking.